I begrudgingly spent my Saturday afternoon in Camden partaking in a Freedo session. My friend has just split from her boyfriend, so she's looking into the universe for answers. I felt compelled to attend when she asked me along.
We had been out the night before, I went home at 10.30 but she stayed out until 3 so I was praying that she'd be too hungover to attend. Sadly, not the case.
I had no idea what to expect or what this consisted of.
But now that I know, it's a 'life reading'.
My two friends and I had to chose an area of our lives we want to improve... Bear in mind, I turned up 15 minutes late and this is the first question that gets thrown at me. Ummm. I want to redecorate? Not a good answer apparently. My friends chose terms such as love and strength. I knew the reader and I wouldn't be best pals when he deemed my desire to decorate the place I haven't even moved into yet, unacceptable.
We then had to draw a painting of our 'symbol'. My friends came out with artistic designs and drawings. I drew the Nike sign. I have no idea why. It just popped into my head! Then we had to talk to our symbol and write an affirmation that we must repeat daily to reconfirm our new found strength or ability to love via the symbol.
And then, we had to pretend things like the chair were our symbol and describe how it made us feel! I told him I really liked the wallpaper and where could I get a similar print? Cue dirty looks from my friends who are taking this oh so seriously!
It went on and on like this for 2 whole hours! The only good thing about this was, I've been searching for a particular eyeshadow shade which is sold out everywhere, but Superdrug in Camden had it in stock. So it wasn't a complete waste of a trip!
Anyway, hippy chick I am not. Healings are not to be taken seriously. The only symbols I want to affiliate with are the plus and minus ones that tell me how my bank balance are looking.
Natalia how do you get yourself in these situations??? hilarious! you should have your own show!
ReplyDeleteI need to stop saying yes to people!
Delete